- Title: Health & Safety Co-ordinator
- Employer: East Penn Canada
- Display Date: 2019-08-12
- Location: Ajax, ON
- Salary: Not available
- Preferred application method: temps plein
Requisition ID : 1652
Are you interested in being part of a passionate team dedicated to serving our customers and being an industry leader?
Are you looking for a place where you can contribute to the success of your company and have access to challenging and rewarding work?
If so read on about our exciting new opportunity: Health and Safety Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists to ensure East Penn Canada meets is requirements related to Health and Safety by completing and submitting all applications for compliance, permits, licences and certifications ie hazardous waste permits, TDG certifications
• Coordinates the completion of regulatory reports for government agencies and responses to any government agency queries related to documentation
• Tracking employee job-specific certifications (Forklift, WHMIS etc), expiration dates, renewal requirements in the system. Following up with managers to ensure certifications/training is complete before expiration date
• Assist in post-incident/accident reporting
•Investigating occurrences of traffic / non-compliance infraction issues
Experience, Skills & Competencies
• Post-Secondary Education
• Health and Safety designation and/or one-to-three years’ in a health and safety, or related role an asset
• Experience with handling and transportation of TDG, hazardous materials an asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Familiarity with health & safety legislation
• Strong organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual (English-French) a definite benefit
• Background checks including criminal checks and employment references will be requested.
Here at East Penn we are dedicated to recognizing and rewarding our employees by offering:
• Great Pay
• Job Related Training
• Annual Performance Appraisals
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Excellent Company Paid Benefit Program including Employee Assistance Program and Best Doctors
• Opportunities for Advancement
• Profit Sharing and Deferred Profit Sharing (retirement) program
This opportunity WON’T last long, so apply TODAY!
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or need assistance with your online application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window. . Please be as detailed as possible when emailing about any problems/issues.
East Penn Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants to apply; all reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
To find out more information about our company and other positions available please go to our website at www.EastPennCanada.com Opens a New Window.
To view the original job posting and apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Expiration Date: 2019-08-23