- Title: Sr Administrative Assistant
- Employer: East Penn Canada
- Display Date: 2019-09-09
- Location: Pickering, ON
- Salary: Not available
- Preferred application method: temps plein
Pickering, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 1670
Senior Administrative Assistant
Who are we?
Founded in 1979 as Power Battery Sales LTD., East Penn Canada is Canada’s premier wholesale distributor of lead acid batteries. Nearly 40 years later, we operate the largest Canadian distribution network of fully stocked warehouses with local sales, service and delivery fleets. East Penn Canada is also the Canadian Master Redistributor for Duracell alkaline batteries. Our product is North American built, and we are committed to the highest standards for environmental health and safety through our state-of-the-art recycle facilities and company-wide dedication to the safe recycling of lead-acid batteries.
What You’ll Do
The Sr Administrative Assistant will proactively provide a high level of administrative support to assigned Senior Management and Executive team members. This position anticipates the needs of the Senior Management and Executive and based on knowledge of the assigned Senior Management and Executive's mode of operation and individual preferences, coordinates, researches, compiles, and organizes any work necessary to meet those needs.
• Screening calls and responding to moderately complex inquiries from management employees or external sources regarding a variety of questions
• Managing email, voicemail and calendars of assigned Senior Management and Executive team members; co-ordinating with participants to schedule/re-schedule both internal and customer meetings
• Providing support in preparation for the Senior Management and Executive meetings, conducting research and compiling information for status reports and assisting in the development of presentation materials
• Maintaining all corporate documentation (e.g., contracts, leases). This includes hard-copy and soft-copy (online directories) and recording and monitoring key dates for contracts
• Acting as a key resource to all internal departments to ensure communication are consistent in format and aligned with policy, principles and strategic direction.
• Assisting with drafting and editing internal communications, supporting the planning and execution of announcements and producing communications materials for internal events
• Certificate/education in business or office administration, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ administrative experience
• Ability to prioritize, organize workflow to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with the flexibility and adaptability to change directions based on changing priorities / requirements
• Excellent written business communication skills
• High degree of verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey information effectively by phone or in person
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates the ability to work with employees at all levels within and outside the organization in a highly professional manner at all times
• Strict adherence to the Guidelines for Business Conduct – maintaining confidentiality and a positive and professional demeanour at all times when dealing with customers and colleagues
• Customer service oriented and able to work with a sense of urgency when dealing with customer (internal and external) requests – maintains contact with status updates as needed.
• Advanced working knowledge / high level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Bilingual (English / French) an asset
• Background checks including criminal checks and employment references will be requested.
Established in 1979 and currently experiencing double digit growth, East Penn Canada is a market leader with huge growth opportunities for our employees. Many of our employees have been with the company 15 to 20 years or longer. Starting in entry level positions, they now hold key management positions and play a significant role in setting company policy and strategic direction. We offer:
• Annual salary review
• Educational assistance program
• Opportunities for Advancement
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or need assistance with your online application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window. .
East Penn Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants to apply; all reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
To find out more information about our company and other positions available please go to our website at www.EastPennCanada.com Opens a New Window.
To view the original job posting and apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Expiration Date: 2019-09-24