- Title: In Store Loss Prevention
- Employer: Walmart Canada
- Display Date: 2020-01-28
- Location: Scarborough, ON
- Salary: Not available
- Preferred application method: temps partiel
5995 STEELES AVENUE EAST, SCARBOROUGH, ON, M1V 5P7
Walmart Canada operates a chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of the country's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart Canada has raised and donated more than $400 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and @walmartcanada.
To create and maintain a secure and effective work environment for all customers, associates, visitors and vendors while demonstrating positive and professional behavior at all times. Increase profitability and mitigate shrink caused by financial and Physical loss.
• Ensure store security by making daily patrols of the facility, validating doors and showcases are secure and functioning properly. • Make external arrests when necessary. • Investigate instances of financial and physical shrink and communicate findings to Store Leadership and in cases of an internal case matter communication to the Market Loss Prevention Manager first. • Support store evacuation procedures in case of fire or other emergency. • Participate in store task team responsibilities as required. • Conduct/Support investigations as assigned including, but not limited to, instances of internal theft and/or dishonesty, matters relating to external organized retail crime, and cases as assigned through Walmart Canada Global Ethics, in a timely and thorough manner and in accordance with Walmart Canada policies. • Required to communicate information from different sources and effectively clarify issues for others, often presenting different perspectives • Other responsibilities may be added to this position as the needs and requirements of the Company increase.
Canada Walmart DivisionRetail Store Associates
• Provincial Security Guard license (where required). • High school diploma or equivalent. • No police record (Criminal Background Check). • Must demonstrate sound judgment and critical thinking skills when making decisions and solving problems. • Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing retail environment, competing demands, and new responsibilities. • Must be reliable, punctual and focused on results. • Must be able to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks. • Must be able to develop and implement plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. • Must have flexibility regarding work hours (day, evening, weekend and occasionally night shifts may be required). • Must have excellent communication (verbal, written) and active listening skills. • Must be able to effectively use Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook). • French-English bilingualism, an asset. • Previous investigative experience, an asset. • Previous knowledge of Walmart processes, policies, and programs, an asset.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. • The Associate is regularly required to sit, walk, or stand.
SA: 12:00am - 12:00pm
SU: 12:00am - 12:00pm
MO:12:00am - 12:00pm
TU: 12:00am - 12:00pm
WE:12:00am - 12:00pm
TH: 12:00am - 12:00pm
FR: 12:00am - 12:00pm
AccessibilityWalmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
To view the original job posting and apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Expiration Date: 2020-02-11